EVENT 4
Betelgeuse has uncovered vehicle blueprints. Help out production by collecting or crafting items! Click [here] for more information.
Hover to magnify | Septimal Moon - the government - has been oppressing its people for decades, prioritising those with written fates in the form of "true names" over those without such fates. Those that are in the know are amassing in retaliation. Will you join the other side of the fray? Or will you side with the superior? Interested? Register your OOC account!
THE STAFF TEAM
chronology
THE STORY THUS FAR
Arc 1, Event 1: News / Thread
Arc 1, Event 3: News / Thread
Arc 1, Event 5: TBA / TBA
Arc 1, Event 2: News / Thread
Arc 1, Event 4: News / List


Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Topic

 [✔] Mini-Site Event: Infiltration pt.1, Arc 1/Event 2 (Betelgeuse)
AMARANTH
Mission Posted: Apr 25 2018, 01:15 PM
Quote

AMARANTH

Played by Iota 496 POSTS
TIER V
Bulwark (The Devil)
Terram, Non-elementum, Neutrum
Ventus, Non-elementum


It was finally time. A manhole lid pushed off from the ground and slid over to the side and out immerged a masked person. When that person was out, three more immerged. All were wearing black, and those that had tails had been wrapped. The manhole was covered again.

It seemed the four had immerged into a dumpster area. Behind them was a large bin placed at the end of this little nook. Looking up along the length of the three walls that created this space, there was no trace of cameras… Though, that shouldn’t matter anyhow with the brokers on their side.

The figure in the grinning mask pulled out a tattered map to go over their current position as well as their plan.



A gloved finger placed on the START spot. “We’re here.” A low, slurred tone mumbled out just before the traced up along the red dashed line. “Take first left. Take right. Three’uv us take right at nnersection. Go to end. Don’t pass openin’.” The two grunts nodded their heads.

The finger moved back along the red-dotted line. “Death,”[/b] the creepy mask was then pointed to. “Keep goin’ up. Get guards’ ‘tenshun. Then f’low blue line. Rest’uv us follow blue line to o’erside when we see guards move.” All this talking as exhausting…

The grinning fellow rolled up the map and tucked it away again. He looked amongst the other three with a lazy, bored eye. “Clear?” As soon as he got their confirmations, they’d be moving out.

*NOTE: There will be DM/dungeon master questions/prompts for you to select in your posts. Please clearly state “Reply: (selected answer)” and then portray the selected answer in your post. Amaranth will also act as a guide. You may ask him up to three questions to help guide you through the mission. Use these hints wisely!

DM: At the opening of the street, will you go…
A.) Left, Left, Right, Right
B.) Right, Left, Right, Straight
C.) Left, Left, Left, Left
D.) Left, Left, Right, Straight


@NYX AVEN
PMEmail
^
NYX AVEN
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 10:56 PM
Quote

NYX AVEN

Played by Nyxie 149 POSTS
TIER II
Precious (Death)
Fire
Water, Lightning, Impatience


The secrets you tell me. I'll take to my grave. There's bones in my closet, but you hang stuff anyway And if you have nightmares, we'll dance on the bed.
word count ||---

notes || XDD hope this is okay

music || artist - song

tag || -----[/user]
template created by cheetah of gs
Reply, D.) Left, Left, Right, Straight (if I looked at this thing right ha~~~~~)

Death stood quietly by giving a short nod of understanding. He knew what he had to do and even if he didn’t like he was just glad no hula skirts were involved. Giving one last nod and a quick check to make sure his mask would stay in place, he was ready to go. Following the lead he walked with confidence but mentally he was thinking about how fast he was going have to move. He could do this, there wouldn’t be a problem at all.

It certainly wasn’t the first time he had to play bait and it wouldn’t be the last. Moving down the path he was finally thinking he could do this but then the group broke apart. He was alone with a few doubts. He paused only for a moment to watch the others go down their path. With a small huff he turned towards his route with a sigh. ”Ah, man.” Death muttered to himself. Fist balled, he would clack his knuckles together. Okay, he’s got this. It’s just a shake your tail feathers moment and run like hell. It was a piece of cake.

Death came to the last bend. Once he turned he knew he was going to be facing some lovely guards that would love to catch his pretty butt. Letting out one last breath of air, a small bounce on the balls of his feet and he was good to go. Sliding into view, he offered the group a good while promptly doing jazz hands in greeting. Saying nothing at all, he mentally groaned and once he was sure he had been seen and caught their interest, well, he was off. He turned on the balls of his heels military style, took four claiming steps back around the bin and took off in a dead sprint a moment later.

”God, I hate being bait.” Nyx thought to himself with a small whimper.

I know that you love me
PM
^
AMARANTH
 Posted: Apr 27 2018, 02:08 PM
Quote

AMARANTH

Played by Iota 496 POSTS
TIER V
Bulwark (The Devil)
Terram, Non-elementum, Neutrum
Ventus, Non-elementum


The Devil and the two grunts peered around the corner of the middle pathway. They could see the guards from here. There were – as expected – three all lined up by the entrance door. They were anything but stoic, gabbing amongst themselves to stave off the boredom…

But then something caught their attention and all three looked to their left, then to each other again. Each gave a curt nod before skulking into the alleyway to investigate the suspicious sound. When they did, the two grunts bolted and Amaranth strolled across the street. Soon to join them would be their ever-nimble Death, though none waited for him. It would be best to get far out of sight as quick as possible.

At the end of the alleyway, the group would come to a fork in the road. On path leads left, one path leads right.

DM When Nyx arrives at the intersection, will he go left or right?

@NYXIEPIXIE
PMEmail
^
NYX AVEN
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 10:22 PM
Quote

NYX AVEN

Played by Nyxie 149 POSTS
TIER II
Precious (Death)
Fire
Water, Lightning, Impatience


The secrets you tell me. I'll take to my grave. There's bones in my closet, but you hang stuff anyway And if you have nightmares, we'll dance on the bed.
word count ||---

notes || XDD hope this is okay

music || artist - song

tag || -----[/user]
template created by cheetah of gs
Reply: Right

Once again, Nyx wasn’t the fan of being bait. There was always the chance of being shot, slipping, or running in the wrong direction. So far, he had been pretty lucky. Death stopped for a brief moment to make sure he was being followed, a single glance told him he was golden. Picking up the pace once again he came back to the intersection. Wasting no time he took the right turn and kept down it in hopes he remembered to go the right direction. He was pretty sure he chose right but he always had that nasty habit of second guessing himself.

He didn’t see anyone which was probably a good thing. It meant everything was going smoothly for the time being. Ranth was probably strolling around somewhere in another hallway, taking his time like the sun would never set. He wouldn’t be surprised if his boss was way up ahead of him and picking at some peeling paint spot on a wall, waiting.

Mentally, Nyx started to declare how much this sucked, again. But at least he was getting close to a spot on the map he barely remembered. Wasn’t there something he was supposed to do? Hmm, well, he supposed he would find out pretty soon what he was going to have to do once he got there. For now, it was just putting as much distance between himself and the guards.

I know that you love me
PM
^
AMARANTH
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 10:46 PM
Quote

AMARANTH

Played by Iota 496 POSTS
TIER V
Bulwark (The Devil)
Terram, Non-elementum, Neutrum
Ventus, Non-elementum


What was taking Nyx so long? Wasn’t he supposed to be the fastest runner of them all? Well, he was no cheetah. Ears said that loud and clear. Amaranth and the other three grunts (who managed not to beat Ranth at the race thanks to his trusty skateboard) were waiting for their final member. In front of them was a dead-end, but that dead-end had an emergency escape route going up just as predicted. It was here, in front of this ladder, that the devil let out a quiet yawn and sat on the ground. Within seconds he was already lying on his back. He stared up at the artificial sky above. Then he closed his eyes.

“Uh, boss… should you really be laying down at a time like this?”
“Shh! Shut up! What if someone hears you?!”
“But you–”

The three grunts froze as they heard rapid footsteps clapping nearer and nearer. It must have been Nyx. It just had to be… but what if it wasn’t?

Those were the longest seconds of the trip so far. All three held their breaths and stared down the way with wide eyes. They relaxed when Death was finally in view. Amaranth, too, rolled his head back against the ground to see who it was. A moment after, he pushed himself up to a stand. He pulled out his notes and a pencil to go with and quickly jotted down a spell:

A wall of metal, (5)
To camouflage among the (7)
City, shall arise (5)


Behind Nyx erected a singular barrier, a wall, that looked nearly identical to the buildings that surrounded them. Even if Nyx was followed, their pursuers would be thrown off by the supposed illusion. Thereafter, Ranth took the lead once more by climbing up the ladder first. It was his responsibility to confront any enemies first. Once up the ladder, Ranth paused and waited for the other three to make it to the upper levels. “’Ey,” the stocky fellow looked at the ghoulish mask. “If’n come ‘cross pairs, fight w’me.” Fight as a mismatched pair. It wasn’t ideal, but another officer’s words rang clear even now.

In the upper level was just a metal pathway in the shape shown on the map. It was clear as day. Without waiting for Nyx’s response, Ranth continued on.

DM 1 do you accept Ranth’s fighting proposal? Yes / No
DM2 Which route will you go:
A.) Straight > left > sharp right > pause
B.) Straight > left > straight > right
PMEmail
^
NYX AVEN
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 11:19 PM
Quote

NYX AVEN

Played by Nyxie 149 POSTS
TIER II
Precious (Death)
Fire
Water, Lightning, Impatience


The secrets you tell me. I'll take to my grave. There's bones in my closet, but you hang stuff anyway And if you have nightmares, we'll dance on the bed.
word count ||---

notes || ---

music || artist - song

tag || -----[/user]
template created by cheetah of gs
Reply 1: Yes (When’s the wedding?)

Reply 2: A.) Straight > left > sharp right > pause

As he neared the group, Death looked behind himself only once to take note of the wall. It was always an impressive sight to see a word spell function so beautifully. Really, it was something he aspired to be able to accomplish in the future. His word spells weren’t all that powerful at the moment but that was also partly his own fault. Death avoided battles when possible and took to talking his way out of a good fight when possible. Didn’t help either that he didn’t have a fighter to even hold a battle with.

Turning away from the wall he faced the others. Some of them looked terrified for a brief moment and Ranth, well, was being Ranth. He looked as relaxed as a panther chilling up on a tree. Just waiting for a good meal to come around if it didn’t cost to much energy. He knew he called it with just the way Ranth carried himself. He had totally been chilling on that floor while waiting. With a small huff, Nyx took a moment to catch his breath. Hands on knees, breathing deeply, he let out a puff of air. Fast or not, that was still a good distance run and he hadn’t properly stretched like an idiot.

Seeing movement out of the corner of his eye caused him to stand and jog after his teammates. Taking to the ladder like a monkey he climbed it two steps at a time until he hit the top. Turning on his heels he almost ran right into Ranth. Luckily, he was able to stop himself from taking another step that would of sent him crashing into their leader. He was thankful for his mask, his cheeks warmed to the point the others would of probably snickered if they could of seen it. But hell, he wasn’t used to being close to someones face accident or not. Masking his surprise with a light bounce of the heel he offered Ranth a tilt of the head. Team up? Well, that was something he was certain he never would hear coming out of the Devil’s mouth. Blinking twice, he raised a hand to say something but Ranth was all ready moving without bothering to get confirmation from Nyx.

”Ah…alrighty than… Giving his wrist a delicate twirl he would follow suit. ”Teaming up it is….” They where getting fairly close to their goals. It shouldn’t be too much longer now to get to their prize, but getting out was going to be another fun game, he was sure of that.

I know that you love me
PM
^
AMARANTH
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 11:35 PM
Quote

AMARANTH

Played by Iota 496 POSTS
TIER V
Bulwark (The Devil)
Terram, Non-elementum, Neutrum
Ventus, Non-elementum


The devil followed the route as described on the map. He walked straight up, took a left, then followed the path down. Little did he realise that Death took a pit stop as deathly beings are wont to do. There, in that broken part of the escape route on the floor, was a woman’s ID card.

DM will you take the ID card? Yes / No

Amaranth was already on the other side, directly parallel to the broken bridge Death was at. The grinning mask stared before waving him to come on, let’s go a few times before heading up the route. From that point on, he continued his path straight.

The emergency path came to an end, but there was emergency scaffolding that lined up along the rest of the building. Taking caution to be careful, the devil entered the scaffolding and crept through it until he reached a low rooftop. It looked like a custodial maintenance and storage area. There were some machinery to the left (likely a cooling system), and then… a door straight ahead.
PMEmail
^
NYX AVEN
 Posted: May 1 2018, 10:31 PM
Quote

NYX AVEN

Played by Nyxie 149 POSTS
TIER II
Precious (Death)
Fire
Water, Lightning, Impatience


The secrets you tell me. I'll take to my grave. There's bones in my closet, but you hang stuff anyway And if you have nightmares, we'll dance on the bed.
word count ||---

notes || ---

music || artist - song

tag || -----[/user]
template created by cheetah of gs
Reply: Hell yes. Finders keepers!

Again, Nyx stopped into a slow walk to catch his breath. Unlike the rest of the team they hadn’t been sprinting at top speeds for a good distance. He could still feel his heart pounding away within his chest. His hands came to rest on his hips as he looked down at the ground. He had taken only a few steps forward until he saw the ID card just, well, laying there. That was a bit strange. Maybe some idiot dropped it?

Bending down, Nyx picked up the card, twirled it once with hesitation as he studied it. Maybe he should just leave it? Blinking a few times his gaze traveled towards his companions, Ranth was ushering him forward. With a small inner struggle that lasted only a moment the blond grunted, stood, and pocketed the card for the time being. Maybe it could prove useful? Hopefully, it would and not get him into some kind of god awful trouble that would make Ranth pull him by the ear.

Pushing forward he caught up to the rest easily. Coming up beside Ranth, the blond would tilt his head to the side. Studying the machinery to the left and then to the door. A part of him wanted to just steal all the machinery in front of him but there was no way he could do that. Squinting at the door he made a small hum in the back of his throat. Scratching the side of his head, Death presented the ID to Ranth with a jerk of the thumb towards the door. Maybe it would work there? Or, it possibly hold some kind of monster that would destroy them all. He heard of movies, hadn’t seen them, but heard enough about them to have a rather vibrant imagination of what could transpire.

I know that you love me
PM
^
AMARANTH
 Posted: May 1 2018, 11:12 PM
Quote

AMARANTH

Played by Iota 496 POSTS
TIER V
Bulwark (The Devil)
Terram, Non-elementum, Neutrum
Ventus, Non-elementum


It was time for the moment of truth.

Nyx (the slowpoke) finally rejoined the group for the second time and presented… what was that? A card? Accepting the small rectangle, Ranth looked it over. On the front was the picture of a brown-haired woman with her name, section, and a list of codes by colour. Likely for announcement. The young devil was half-tempted to ask where Death found this, but it was no matter. It was unimportant.

Turning to the door, Amaranth attempted to open of his own accord. No good. It was locked and it had what looked to be a scanner of some sort in place of a handle. Curiously, Ranth placed the woman’s card under the scanner and sure as shit, the light went from red to green. With a click, the door opened and the lot were in.

Amaranth was rather cautious about entering. From here on out, they had absolutely nothing to go by. He slowly opened the door and came face-to-face with a hollow, annular structure. It was a little dark, but that was likely due to the walls and floors being completely of metal. In the middle was a straight-shot down to the floor. Around the building was a pathway. To the left were staircases (the closest way there blocked off by a gate of some sort), and to the right was what looked to be an elevator. In between were a few heavy-duty doors that lead to other unknown rooms.

So far, not a soul was in sight.

Looking around for the cameras, Amaranth spotted two. However, the Info division should have those taken care of (hopefully). One thing he knew for sure was that this floor was not the one they needed. They needed to go up. With the wave of his hand, Amaranth beckoned the others to follow.

DM How will they get to the upper level? Elevator or stairs?
PMEmail
^
NYX AVEN
 Posted: May 3 2018, 05:21 PM
Quote

NYX AVEN

Played by Nyxie 149 POSTS
TIER II
Precious (Death)
Fire
Water, Lightning, Impatience


The secrets you tell me. I'll take to my grave. There's bones in my closet, but you hang stuff anyway And if you have nightmares, we'll dance on the bed.
word count ||---

notes || ---

music || artist - song

tag || -----[/user]
template created by cheetah of gs
Reply: Stairs! Let’s race

Nyx felt rather confident in his find being useful regardless of what his boss would think. Stopping to pick that lovely thing up might of saved them sometime, maybe. Depending if it worked or not though he was positive it would surely do just that. Silently, Death observers the Devil try out the piece of plastic. When the door opened, Nyx let out the breath of air he didn’t know he was holding and tossed his arms up into the air in a quick and silent triumph. A moment later, he realized that might of looked fairly odd and quickly dropped his arms to his side with a small single syllable laugh.

Bouncing on his heels nervously he would soon follow after the rest of the group. There wasn’t really anything of interest in the rooms that he could see. Just dark metals floors and walls. It was pretty bland. Why didn’t ol’Moon add a spice of color to the surfaces? Maybe a hint of lime or lavender. Anything really would have been charming. What would be even more charming is if those camera’s weren’t actually on. They weren’t supposed to be functioning. Hopefully, they stayed that way for a good while. Nyx didn’t like the idea of being on canned camera.

Walking a head of the group, he took to staring at the elevator and than turned towards the stairs. Both had their advantages and disadvantages. Elevators where sure as hell faster and less tiring but you never knew who would be on the opposite side when the doors open. Plus, there really was no escape from them unless you climbed outside of it---which just sounded like the beginnings of a bad horror film. Now stairs, you could run up and down on. You could peer outside doorways and there was greater chances of not being caught. But damn, they certainly where far more tiring to go up than an elevator.

Feeling like its better to be safer then sorry he would casually jerk a thumb at the stairs. Seemed like the better option and less likely chance to die or get shot, or well, anything really.

I know that you love me
PM
^
AMARANTH
 Posted: May 4 2018, 04:18 PM
Quote

AMARANTH

Played by Iota 496 POSTS
TIER V
Bulwark (The Devil)
Terram, Non-elementum, Neutrum
Ventus, Non-elementum


Ranth stopped by the elevator. He looked at the scanning device, then to the ID, then to the scanning device. It would save so much time and energy if they just used the elevator to zip to the top, but–

Footsteps softened in the distance as the other three hiked up the stairs.

Sigh. They were probably right, but… convenience…

The devil followed shortly after. He placed his skateboard down on the floor and soared his way around the ring to the stairs. Once there, he grabbed the board, placed it underarm, and rain up the many steps again.

Numbers marked the walls in intervals.

4
5
6…!

How many floors were there? How much farther until they had to go?

As the four hiked up the many stairs, a door from an upper floor clicked and two voices resonated within the staircase. They were speaking casually.

DM Will you…
A.) Enter floor 6 or
B.) Continue upward?
PMEmail
^
NYX AVEN
 Posted: May 6 2018, 11:11 AM
Quote

NYX AVEN

Played by Nyxie 149 POSTS
TIER II
Precious (Death)
Fire
Water, Lightning, Impatience


The secrets you tell me. I'll take to my grave. There's bones in my closet, but you hang stuff anyway And if you have nightmares, we'll dance on the bed.
word count ||---

notes || ---

music || artist - song

tag || -----[/user]
template created by cheetah of gs
Reply: I haven’t a clue, lets roll out to floor 6.

Stairs. Stairs were the devil incarnated in every shape and form. It was never ending, painful to climb and tiring. Maybe they should of taken the elevator but the risk was just too high of something going wrong on the way up or down. Taking another step he was starting to wonder how many damn floors they had to go up before reaching their destination. If this wasn’t a mission he would vocally whine about the stairs and complain about them before falling over and refusing to move.

A door clicked and voices brought the blond out of his annoyed state. Blinking his head tilted upwards. Great, someone was on the stairs with them. Super! Just the thing he had been trying to avoid. Maybe they will go away and just came out for a random and very weird smoke break? Nyx looked towards Ranth for any ideas.

Going upwards was a choice but if the people where coming down or just hanging it wouldn’t do them any good. With a small uncertain shrug he pointed towards the door. Might be best to roll out?

I know that you love me
PM
^
AMARANTH
 Posted: May 7 2018, 05:47 PM
Quote

AMARANTH

Played by Iota 496 POSTS
TIER V
Bulwark (The Devil)
Terram, Non-elementum, Neutrum
Ventus, Non-elementum


Yeaaah… Nyx’s suggestion might be their best option. A lazy grey eye looked up toward floor above. If they were to engage in a battle, then the alarms might go off… but then––

Using the ID card, Ranth opened the door and creaked it open. He heard something stroll by, so closed it a smidge again. Listening, and waiting, he waited for the sound to distance itself. After that, he slipped into another round hallway, but this one was brighter and whiter than the last and the centre was no longer a straightshot down to the first floor. It was comprised of walls, and doors with numbers. Peering to the left, he saw a custodian push around a cleaning cart. He lead the way in the opposite direction. The walls were named as follows:

609, 611, 613, 6RR, 615, the elevator…

And then the number sequence started all over again.

The custodian had disappeared – likely vanished into one of the rooms.

DM: Which room would you like to explore?
PMEmail
^
NYX AVEN
 Posted: May 7 2018, 10:09 PM
Quote

NYX AVEN

Played by Nyxie 149 POSTS
TIER II
Precious (Death)
Fire
Water, Lightning, Impatience


The secrets you tell me. I'll take to my grave. There's bones in my closet, but you hang stuff anyway And if you have nightmares, we'll dance on the bed.
word count ||---

notes || ---

music || artist - song

tag || -----[/user]
template created by cheetah of gs
Reply: 613 Nyx let out a sigh. Good, no one was moving around on this floor other than a custodian. Good, there was a less chance of running into trouble than. Getting in step with the Devil, Death took in the view. To him, it almost look like they just walked straight into a hotel. Nothing but hallways, doors, and numbers. Blue eyes squinted at each door, taking a moment to try and listen to a few in passing but never caught a sound. Weird. He had to wonder what was beyond them. Maybe something neat? He could only guess and assume what each one might have within.

With a little skip in his step he took towards paying more attention to his surroundings now instead of the doors. Well, for a short time at least until a number caught his attention. Room number 613. Pausing at the door he checked behind him to make sure no one was in sight or the custodian. Nope. All clear.

Scratching the side of his face in thought he finally decided that maybe they should take a peek? Couldn’t hurt, right? Turning now towards Ranth he made a motion towards the door. Again, couldn’t hurt, right? Maybe there was a pot of gold just waiting for the taking!

I know that you love me
PM
^
AMARANTH
 Posted: May 9 2018, 02:12 PM
Quote

AMARANTH

Played by Iota 496 POSTS
TIER V
Bulwark (The Devil)
Terram, Non-elementum, Neutrum
Ventus, Non-elementum


This wasn’t the time to be playing games. Still, it wouldn’t hurt to find a few more items, like the ID card of a higher ranked employee. This one they had in their hands helped so far, but it likely wasn’t gonna do to get to the place they needed. The card was clamped within a gloved hand when a grey eye stared face-to-face with door 613. Couldn’t hear anything…

He opened the door with his ID and slid open it did, to reveal what looked to be a break room for eating and… two employees. The employees – standing immediately in the view of the door, sipping at their mugs of coffee and tea, stopped short of their conversation and looked at all the masked figures. An abrupt “who are you?!” called out to the four. Then a hissed “quickly, sound the alarm” proceeded.

DM How should they go about this situation?
A.) Challenge the two to a battle of spells
B.) Use their equipment (non-lethals)
C.) Flee to another area
D.) Abort mission
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Topic


 


 

AFFILIATES
Kismet Divided is a post-by-post RP founded by Iota. It is heavily inspired by the Loveless franchise created by Yun Kouga. The skin was made by Von of Sonder. Banner art was painted by Shilin of Carciphona. Banner title was inspired by Jawn; modification is made by Jawn. App avatar was made by LittleSnippets. All contents created on this site are intellectual property of their owners. Stealing is prohibited.
Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected
Penelope the Cbox
NO DRAMA. NO ADS. BE FRIENDLY.
NEWS: EVENT 4 & MORE & 3 POLLS