Guest Account Settings ALERTS () View New Posts Personal Messenger () Admin CP Moderators CP Log Out
KISMET DIVIDED

KD is an AU (non-canon) Loveless RP forum. Septimal Moon - the government - has been oppressing its people for decades, prioritising those with written fates in the form of "true names" over those without such fates. Those that are in the know are amassing in retaliation. Will you join the other side of the fray? Or will you side with the superior?

administrators

CALLING ALL COUNCILMEN The 7 councilmen of Septimal Moon are about to hold a conference meeting in the Rathaus and discuss current events and future plans for the Capital. Sign-ups end May 15th. Read more about it here.

iota
Cinna

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

ROBO-BRO
EVE
 Posted: May 28 2018, 02:55 AM
TIER III
Partner APP PLOTTER SOCIAL LINK
EVE has made 251 posts.

played by
Iota
status
alignment: Septimal Moon
elements: Ignis, Ventus, Neutrum
weaknesses: Aqua, Terram
Voracious (First Quarter)

It had been a week. A week of the same old shit with the same old people doing the same old thing. Even though Otto – Eve’s fated kismet – had joined him in the homestead, nothing had really changed. Jo still lived there. He still made sure his absurdly low maintenance charge functioned like a normal human being at least a couple hours of the day. Otherwise, Eve remained cooped up in his room with eyes glued to a glowing screen as sights processed an endless trail of ones and zeros. Thankfully, Otto had her own project to work on and today would be the day that the culmination of her work would be put to the test and judged in front of the masses.

Eve wore his usual messy bun but this time he hid his ears with a baseball cap, and eyes by a pair of Jo’s sunglasses. They were already at the building where the robofest (or whatever it was called) would be held. And there were a lot of people. It almost looked like a convention with various stalls of people showing off their latest work before the contest was to be held. There judges could get background information on the robotic models, and so could the viewers as well.

“Otto,” Eve tried to project his voice over the crowd just loud enough for his small companion to hear. “Where are you supposed to set up? Do you know?” One person brushed shoulders with them as they entered the “gallery” room. Eve immediately checked his pockets. Coast was clear, no theft yet.

@CINNAMON
PM
^
AUTUMN VALE
 Posted: May 29 2018, 01:45 AM
TIER II
AUTUMN VALE has made 129 posts.

played by
cinnamon
status
alignment: Neutral
elements: ignis, neutrum
weaknesses: aqua
voracious

“‘Course I know, Evey,” she said breezily. “I’m at booth 2B.” The stalls were organised in columns (numbers) and rows (alphabet), making them fairly uniform and easy to navigate. In addition, each booth had its designation advertised rather prominently above each table via a hologram.

The gallery smelt of sweat, oil, something (probably) burning, and metal. In other words – it was fantastic. Heaving in a deep breath, Autumn scampered forward with her luggage in tow. Within it was Evangeline v. 3.3, various tools and extra parts she’d need just in case something went wrong (not that it would), and, of course, her trusty controller.

“Make way, make way!” The teenage girl raised her voice as she waved one arm irritably, not caring in the slightest that she’d managed to whack someone in the back with her flailing. It was, actually, quite likely that that had been her intention – it wasn’t exactly easy to avoid getting crowded in hustle and bustle that had enveloped the building.

One arm thrashing in front of her whilst the other kept a grip on the handle of her luggage, she trudged onward doggedly. Past the first booths, the crowd thinned considerably as most people kept to uniform lines so as not to disturb the real attendants. Autumn found her booth easily enough – a simple table covered with a blue tarp – and hefted her bag atop it with a mild grunt. Patting it self-assuredly, she slipped a hand into her pocket to pull out her phone.

“I’m gonna go double-check my registration’s all in order,” she informed the silver-haired sacrifice. “Be back in a bit. And, comrade…if I don’t return…” Voice pitched lower. Hand went up to press at her glasses – very intellectually, of course. She hoped the lenses flared dramatically. “Take care of Angela for me.” There was, in fact, no Angela (at least not yet) – it just felt like the sort of theatrical thing she should say right about now. It helped that she wasn’t serious – if she had been, she would have referred to Abigail. With a mock salute from just above her brow, the short girl turned upon her heel and zipped off to find the competition officials.
PM
^
EVE
 Posted: May 29 2018, 03:12 PM
TIER III
EVE has made 251 posts.

played by
Iota
status

E-Eevee?! Did she just call him Eevee?! Brows twitched as feet followed his personal bulldozer through the crowd. She was… weirdly cute. In a small dog type way with how they think their barks are bigger than their bodies. In a way, despite her smallness and small voice, following her through this crowd of… humans… was less nerve-wrecking. She was very brazen, very bold. If no one would listen to her, she’d force them out of the way. It was pretty simple (despite its rudeness), but it wasn’t something Eve could get himself to do despite being over a decade older. Ha. Ah. Being shown up by a kid.

Once at the booth, Eve took his seat and watched Otto begin her preparations. He didn’t flinch or offer to help move her luggage, he simply observed. “All right, just don’t get lost” Eve acknowledged the young lady’s announcement. But then she came up with something else that left him in a blank, perplexed state. Angela? Who’s Angela? Wasn’t her spider’s name Abigail? And the robot’s name was Evangeline, so…

Otto gave her signature salute (which Eve decided not to reciprocate), and then she was off without even explaining. All right, so… now what? Just sit here and wait? When eyes relocated the bag, he decided he had to. After all, couldn’t leave Evangeline unattended… Well, guess that was that. Eve leant back in his seat to look out at the rest of the room.

That was a mistake. There were… a lot of people. A lot of people, a lot of sound, a lot of eyes, a lot of staring. He was starting to shrink in his seat. Vision was starting to darken around the frame. One finger hooked under the collar of his shirt and tugged it away to give some breathing room.
PM
^
AUTUMN VALE
 Posted: May 30 2018, 12:22 AM
TIER II

played by
cinnamon
status
voracious

Get lost? Her? Even if she did get lost, she was adorable enough that anyone would point her in the right direction if she asked. Probably. Well, there might be a few freaks around, but most of the people here were more interested in vices of metal than vices of flesh. And not all the people here had come for the battle bot competition. Some were here just for showing off. Others were here to make contacts. Others still just wanted to watch the events.

Thus it was that Autumn returned about ten minutes later, shoving her way through the crowd in the most unladylike manner she was capable of. Retreating to the (relative) safety of her booth, she grabbed at the zipper of her bag as she maneuvered around the side. Hmm. Evey looked kinda…under the weather, for lack of better word. Coffee-coloured eyes peered at him from behind her glasses. “Yo, you look like you’re wiltin’ or something. Want some water?” she queried offhandedly, pulling out one of the bottles she’d packed up and holding it out toward him. “There’s half an hour ‘til the first matches start. Everything's all in order. Apparently I'm up against 4D first.”
PM
^
EVE
 Posted: May 30 2018, 04:59 PM
TIER III
EVE has made 251 posts.

played by
Iota
status

How long was she going to take? How long had it been since she left? She was only 18, what if she got lost? What if someone scooped her away (she is very cute, after all, even if a little smelly). What if she went to the bathroom and fell in the toilet?! Okay, she was little, but… She wasn’t that little, right? Maybe Eve should have gone with her, make sure everything was all right… No, he had to guard Evangeline v3.3.

He tapped his finger: tap-tap-tap…tap-tap-tap.

There were so many people. Were some looking this way? No, no, of course not. It was all in his imagination. The mutt was fine. Evangeline was fine. Eve was fine. Still… couldn’t they just… go home already?

You look like you’re wiltin’––Eve sprung right up and looked left then right in alarm. There he saw was his little pet dog.

Oh thank gods. She made it back in one piece. He looked down at his wrist watch, then looked back at the young lady. When he did (look back at her), he was first greeted by a plastic bottle. He accepted it. “Thank you… But, you know you should only drink out of glass or metal containers, correct? Even in non-BPA plastics, there are endocrine disruptors which act as estrogen, basically are estrogen at that point. Too much estrogen will give you and your offspring problems, should you decide to reproduce –which you best not be contemplating for at least another 3-7 years; still, the damage done now could affect your epigenomes in a permanent way, which affects your future offspring and their future offspring. Believe me, you would not want your infant son to be peeing out the side of his penis instead of the centre of the tip where it should come out–––

“I’m sure you get the point by now.”
He took a sip of the water. “I suggest… That you go investigate your opponents before the match starts. I will keep an eye on Miss Evangeline…”
PM
^
AUTUMN VALE
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 03:25 AM
TIER II

played by
cinnamon
status
voracious

“Hmm…” A thoughtful hum, followed by a nonchalant shrug, preceded the young girl’s next words (though she did snicker, very maturely, at his tirade). “I mean, I guess, but y’know, my offspring don’t really need to pee.” She jerked her chin meaningfully in the direction of her bag, where Evangeline v. 3.3 still remained cocooned within the safety of her casing. A contemplative expression briefly flitted across her face. “And I can’t even see myself having kids in the future.” Couldn’t imagine it. It was too weird. Didn’t really fit in with the whole “genius inventor, builder of mechas” aura she had going on, either. What would her kids even do…? Play around with screwdrivers and little robot toys? Worse yet – she’d have to devote time to the little blighters. Terrible idea. No, perish the thought! “Besides…a ‘glass or metal container’ takes too much time to prepare. I’d have to actually pour the water in…and rinse out or wash the container when I’m done…it’s way easier to just grab a plastic bottle on the go.”
PM
^
EVE
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 12:51 PM
TIER III
EVE has made 251 posts.

played by
Iota
status

Slowly, Eve pried his eyes off his little mecha warrior to the direction she jerked her chin at… and then all of a sudden, it clicked. “Ah–… a young woman after my own heart.~” Robot children. How superb! And she really wasn’t wrong. After all, she conceived these ideas and built them from virtually nothing. In other words, she was…No, that was too weird of a thought. But anyway, with her hardware skills and his software skills, they could essentially—no, another too weird of a thought. Mind shutting off… now.

“You… really are a slacker. I like it. ♪ Except it’s bad for my own health. I don’t wish to have excess of oestrogen and neither should you.” Eve leant back in his seat. He tried to keep his eyes on the bag, the mutt, and the bottle his mutt gave to him. “How long… do these events usually take?”
PM
^
AUTUMN VALE
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 02:34 PM
TIER II

played by
cinnamon
status
voracious

“Wow…how did you guess? Did I get it already?” she queried as she leaned against the table. She was guessing, based on that response, that he wasn’t all that fond of the idea of having biological children, either. “Oh? I dunno what I’d do without your approval. Thanks.” Sarcasm dripped from her words. She waved one hand carelessly before taking a moment to consider his question.

“Depends on the event? Like, the battle bot competition usually lasts…the day. ‘Till 6 pm. But sometimes it goes on longer if the fights take longer than expected.” She removed her glasses and began rubbing at the lenses with a small cloth. Gave her something to do as she leaned against the table. “Then there’s the show’n’tell sorta thing where people just show off their robots to judges and score points based on design and originality. That’s – two days. The general event, ‘semi-finals’, and ‘finals’. But then there are a whole bunch of other panels and talks’n’stuff that are, like, an hour each. The whole thing is usually three days…but usually I just come for the battle bots and some of the panels.”
PM
^
EVE
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 09:24 PM
TIER III
EVE has made 251 posts.

played by
Iota
status

Th-th-th-th-th-the whole day?! Was Jo bloody mad?! Was he completely, utterly out of his gourd?! Eve couldn’t handle being in a public place like this for the entire day, even if he was with his little mongrel!

This was impossible.
This was a suicide mission.
Eve had to abort!

“Y-you don’t say?” Eve smiled at his companion as pleasantly as he could manage. Needed to figure out how to slyly slither away… After all, couldn’t have his mongrel thinking he was weak and vulnerable. He was the sacrifice, he had no room for being either of those things (in the presence of his mutt at least)! “I won’t be able to stay the entire time, so be sure to film it for me.♪” Yes, act casual. Act natural. She’d never suspect. After all, excuses were the most obvious signs of weakness, and though he was greatly tempted to use work as an excuse (it was technically his day off), well… it might have backfired. “I’m sure you’ll do great, though.~”

Jo. When Eve gets home…
You are a dead baldy.
PM
^
AUTUMN VALE
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 09:57 PM
TIER II

played by
cinnamon
status
voracious

Ooh. That stutter. It seemed Evey didn’t like that idea very much. The smile was returned in matching pleasantness as the glasses were replaced upon her nose. “I can’t film when I’m controlling Evangeline three-point-three,” she said blandly, “and it’s not like the fights are gonna be on aaaall day, there are breaks, too. We could grab food or something or walk around and look at the other bots…” Hip jutted out, eyes narrowed, and head tilted to the side in consideration as she observed the silver-haired man. “Nah, I’m afraid ya hafta stay. You need to witness my landslide victory in its full glory. Recordings are totally inadequate.”
PM
^
EVE
 Posted: Jun 4 2018, 01:14 PM
TIER III
EVE has made 251 posts.

played by
Iota
status

Oh…Right. Well, there will always be someone else who would be recording. He could simply watch it online when all was said and done. Maybe even watch it live––

Eve slowly shifted his head back defensively, his mouth gaping and wobbling in distress before lips sealed in a fine line. Sh-she… that little mongrel said… She demanded he stay? But… But why? “Is… that right?” He let out a bit of a nervous laugh. Before continuing even further, Eve whipped out his phone once more and quickly began texting the one and only Jojo. While texting, he swiveled in his seat to turn his back to the little puppy.

YOU DEMON, YOU SET ME UP
SHE SAID THE EVENTS TAKE ALL DAY

He could just picture Baldy’s scalp glinting as he smiled:
You’ll be fine.~ Take it easy.~ Have a blaaast.~

No, I will NOT be fine! Come here right now and take my place.

Look, Eve, she’s not interested in me watching. She’s wants you watch. I mean, that is kinda normal for a puppy, or did you forget how needy they were~?

Eve frowned at his phone, then tucked it away.

“Very well,” Eve admitted defeat. “I will stay, but only until you’ve conquered your rival. Remember: as Voracious, you are superior. Not as superior as me, but superior to everyone else. If you lose, I’m taking away all of your tools and materials for the entire week. You can recalibrate your designs on paper for that duration. Understood?” He wasn’t going to suffer for nothing. For now, he didn't even bother commenting on her proposal. It was still out.
PM
^
AUTUMN VALE
 Posted: Jun 4 2018, 06:03 PM
TIER II

played by
cinnamon
status
voracious

“Mmhmm.” The teenager gave a curt nod, then a smirk as the older kismet swivelled about in his chair. Texting? Whatever. Might as well get Evangeline out. The girl turned to open up the case within her luggage, revealing a rectangular box-like robot with wheels to traverse with. It had several arm attachments, including what looked like a saw and some sort of platform akin to that of a bulldozer’s. Setting the heavy machine upon the table, she gently toyed with the different arms to ensure they still worked properly. She’d done a more thorough check back at the house, but it couldn’t hurt to do just one more.

“Good, good.” Somehow, she felt quite satisfied with the results of her prodding. Well…it was only because she rarely got to take someone with her. Not specifically because it was Eve or anything ridiculous like that. Speaking of which, Evey wasn’t much for crowds, right? She wondered if she could get him into the little controller booth. She might be able to weasel him in if she put her irresistibly adorable looks to good use and rambled some nonsense about how he was totally useless, just moral support.

Autumn snorted a laugh, as if the very idea of her losing was utterly inconceivable. “Are you joking? Of course I’m gonna win. The outcome was already decided.” She already knew she was superior, thank you, though the pep talk was not unwelcome. And – yeah right, he was taking her stuff away. She wasn’t planning on losing, though, so she didn’t even bother commenting on that insignificant little detail. "Don't talk so rudely right in front of Evangeline. You'll hurt her feelings."
PM
^
EVE
 Posted: Jun 6 2018, 12:40 PM
TIER III
EVE has made 251 posts.

played by
Iota
status

If only he had Otto’s confidence. As she pulled the one and only Evangeline 3.3, Eve… well, Eve lost any hope for her, this event, this day, and the worthwhileness of him being here. “Are you… certain? I mean… She’s just a hunk of junk – far too heavy unless you managed to make or buy quite the motor to support all that weight. Can she even move? And if so, is the motor you’re using even allowed in an event like this?” All along, Eve expected… something like a high school robot test where no higher grade than a certain engine would be acceptable, and the grade was usually low. But looking around… Otto wasn’t the dweeb to bring a hunk of junk with them.

“Evangeline really is… the least graceful design here.” He sighed. Sorry, Eva, but you’re doomed to fail. He didn’t even apologise to the bot for hurting her feelings.
PM
^
AUTUMN VALE
 Posted: Jun 6 2018, 02:24 PM
TIER II

played by
cinnamon
status
voracious

The teenager snorted, patting the machine absentmindedly as she listened to the Voracious sacrifice’s tirade. “Wow, a hunk of junk? Amazing. You haven’t even seen her move around yet.” She’d done all her testing on her own – mostly because she disliked showing her off her designs until they were completed. In any case, Evangeline was a redux of – or an upgrade – a bot she’d used before, hence the 3.3. “If you must know, she’s got a brushless motor…” Whilst sacrificing some maneuverability, the motor enabled the bot to both pull its weight as well as pulverise her opponents. The extra weight was partially armor, and it also meant the bot was less easily able to be flung about the arena. “She’s not supposed to be graceful. This isn’t a beauty contest. This is a battle bot competition. She’s supposed to destroy. Hey, don’t listen to Evey, okay?” Autumn practically cooed as she began addressing the robot instead. “He’s just a rude, old man…we both know your true, hidden strength.”
PM
^
EVE
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 12:18 AM
TIER III
EVE has made 251 posts.

played by
Iota
status

A rude… old?! Lids hung heavily over blue eyes. This someone was not impressed. Not by that thing nor by that girl’s mouth. For someone so small and cute, she really was…

Suddenly, Eve had an epiphany. This must be how Jo felt. Suddenly, all of Joe’s antics and baldness made sense. Though, it should go without saying: epiphany or no epiphany, there was little hope for change. At least for little Joey.

Looking down at his watch, Eve assessed the time and then scouted the other tables. “Otto, I really think you should investigate your rivals before the event starts. I’ll keep an eye on warrior Evangeline.”

(I think you should be the one to take the lead/move things along in this thread, Cinna. (: This is her playing field, so feel free to go ahead any time.)
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply

Sister Sites
Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected
control skin by von of sonder
Penelope the Cbox
NO DRAMA. NO ADS. BE FRIENDLY.
NEWS: BETEL REVISIONS COMPLETE! & NEED BETELS