EVENT 4
Betelgeuse has uncovered vehicle blueprints. Help out production by collecting or crafting items! Click [here] for more information.
Hover to magnify | Septimal Moon - the government - has been oppressing its people for decades, prioritising those with written fates in the form of "true names" over those without such fates. Those that are in the know are amassing in retaliation. Will you join the other side of the fray? Or will you side with the superior? Interested? Register your OOC account!
THE STAFF TEAM
chronology
THE STORY THUS FAR
Arc 1, Event 1: News / Thread
Arc 1, Event 3: News / Thread
Arc 1, Event 5: TBA / TBA
Arc 1, Event 2: News / Thread
Arc 1, Event 4: News / List

Add Reply

Tuning
ISANA
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 12:14 AM

ISANA

Played by IOTA 263 POSTS
TIER III
Conquest
Ignis, Neutrum, Astrologia
Aqua, Astrologia

It had been five days since he’s seen her. Just as promised, Isana was waiting outside the Tin Flask. This time, it was night. The sky was a velvet-blue with circular lights speckling across the vast skies. The streets were getting quiet. Lanterns were being put up. Despite being such a shithole, the outskirts sure were pretty at night. Almost festive. Almost like home.

Hearing the earth crunch beneath someone’s shoes, Isana’s head picked up and he looked down the road to see a slender figure approaching him. It was Carleen. The young man pushed himself off the Tin’s wall and walked over to meet his sister part-way. In the lit-dark, a hand waved in greet.

@BIBI
PM
^
CARLEEN GHORO
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 10:27 AM

CARLEEN GHORO

Played by Bibi 21 POSTS
TIER I
The Lady
N/A
N/A

Carleen have gotten out of her work hours ago, another person have relieved her for the night this time, but even so, she was very awake. After all, she have been waiting to meet up with her brother for several days, it wouldn't do to be tripping over her feet. So she have made her way down one of the main streets, seeing all the lanterns, some flickering, some new, be hung up all around, until her shadow was visible no matter where she walked.

Still, she supposed she was watching for Isana in the open, not near the shadows of the Tin Flask, and tensed up when she saw his figure appear, not recognizing him for a moment. She really needed to learn how Isana now looked nowadays. Shaking her head, Carleen raised a hand in greeting after him, giving a small smile.

"Nice to see you again Isa." It actually was, there were many things that could go wrong in the Outskirts, and though she knew Isana could survive much, it was good getting a confirmation on his safety.

@IOTA
PMEmail
^
ISANA
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 04:44 PM

ISANA

Played by IOTA 263 POSTS
TIER III
Conquest
Aqua, Astrologia

“Back at you, Sis.” Tail wagged a few rounds as a smile picked up at the corner of his lips. Carleen looked fine and well, just as she had before. The day weighed on her face, but her eyes were vibrant and full of vigor.

Five long fingers reached out toward the young woman, then turned over to face the sky. It was an offering, holding his hand out for hers. “Shall we get going, Lena? You wanted to show me your home, right?”

(Sorry this isn’t much! If you want, you can transition over to her place.~ Also, no need to ping me. (: )

@BIBI
PM
^
CARLEEN GHORO
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 06:24 PM

CARLEEN GHORO

Played by Bibi 21 POSTS
TIER I
The Lady
N/A
N/A

"Of course, it's just, like I mentioned beforehand..." She sighed, pressing the bridge if her nose between her fingers, clearly not wanting to say what she was trying to get out. Eventually, she waved a hand, speaking as quick as she could manage. "... do not expect much. It will not look good." If fact, it definitely appeared worse before she have tried to clean up as much as she could.

She began walking away from the Tin Flask, looking back to see if Isana was following. "My house is not too far away, it is a few streets down and then up a few stories." She thought she might as well explain the route, it would help both her brother remember where her house was, in case of emergency, and keep her thoughts away from worrying over mistakes she made while cleaning or simply in general.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, her mind found a way to come back over to worry, and before long, Carleen have rushed ahead of her brother, holding her hat down so she wouldn't lose it even still, and her tail clearly drooping. She wanted to at least see if everything was as bad as her mind was conjuring up. While she made sure she was still visible to the following Isana, checking behind herself every several steps or so, she was quite a ways ahead, which suited her just fine, especially once she stopped in front of her house, lit the lantern nearby and opened the door, squinting inside.

It was not as horrific as she feared. She have remembered to sweep the floor, have tried washing every cloth, and even managed to move the furniture to somewhere other than the absolute edges of the room. She supposed she must have been back at the home more often than she thought she have been as of late. Things were not perfect, dust still covered the several tables she have moved, and she was certain the few empty bottles placed under the one couch, almost in an amusingly organized way was something she wanted to straighten up right now, but better than she expected. That was good enough.

She would look to wherever Isana stood, opening the door more than the crack it has been."Is all this similar to your own house Isa? I simply have necessities, but this can be comfortable." She gave a nervous laugh, but still gestured stiffly to the visible room mostly filled with tables to hold anything she had with her and the old couch to sit at. At least the other rooms, kitchen, bedroom, so on, had likely been cleaned like this room, even if they are all about as bareboned.
PMEmail
^
ISANA
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 09:23 PM

ISANA

Played by IOTA 263 POSTS
TIER III
Conquest
Aqua, Astrologia

A broad smile swept across Isana’s countenance. Whilst his sister took the lead, he stayed behind in a casual stroll. Both hands were in pockets and eyes were on the target. Sis’ hips rocked and swayed to either side in a similar way their mother’s had, all while her torso remained rigid as she gripped onto her hat. Haha, it was nostalgic… Could almost imagine her rushing off ahead like this back when they were kids, especially as she peered back to make sure he was still there.

There was something she didn’t want him to see, most likely.
Maybe her domain was like an animal pen: messy and unorganized.

But once they were inside, it really wasn’t that scandalous. It was almost disappointing, having little-to-nothing to tease her about. He could smell stale alcohol, though. Likely a couple of empty bottles floating around somewhere. Isana preferred a difference vice: smoking.

“I sleep where I work, and where I work depends on the day.” Isana glided into the room and sat on the couch. It was old, but it was comfortable. It was the first time he’d seen one in a while. “There’s nothing to be nervous about, Sister. Your place is quite spacious, and you have quite a bit of items. I say – while it’s not as lavish as our parent’s home – it is comfortable. I can tell you’ve worked hard. Why don’t you come sit with me?”

(Sorry for taking eons, I had to think about his living space and couldn’t decide. XDD)

@BIBI
PM
^
CARLEEN GHORO
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 11:20 AM

CARLEEN GHORO

Played by Bibi 21 POSTS
TIER I
The Lady
N/A
N/A

"While I do sleep outside of this house some of the time Isa, having somewhere permanent for emergencies is wiser than having nothing at all to go to." She felt like she could be acting like a nag, complete with her arms crossed and lips pressed together, but she knew what she was saying was good to hear, just in case Isana have not heard before. She raised an eyebrow. "I thought you have been in the Outskirts for quite some time. We're we not just missing each other?" If not, then she could likely understand the lack of a permanent area to stay in or store items in.

Carleen did sit down, near the edge of the couch at first, she knew the cushions lifted and may or may not have put items underneath for reasons she couldn't remember. She relaxed once it became clear the cushions were the only things on the frame, crossing her legs and smiling at Isana. " This house can be similar to our parent's home, nevertheless." She pointed down the one hallway. "There is genuinely one unneeded room, similar to storage, actually, it is my storage, just like back then." Though this time she obviously had more important items there, like the metal rods she keeps for guard duty, or the notebooks she kept to keep track the portion of supplies she protects.

"Where is this work you apparently treat like a home in the first place?" She honestly could not think up any possibilities, she should have paid more attention to what he was good at when younger. Maybe something intelligence based? Her brother had a logical mind after all.
PMEmail
^
ISANA
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 01:13 PM

ISANA

Played by IOTA 263 POSTS
TIER III
Conquest
Aqua, Astrologia

“I never planned to settle down.” It was… a frank fact. Isana didn’t want to settle down. He spent at least a year trying to get back inside the walls in his free time because that’s where his kismet was – impossible though he might be. But it was no use. Even if Isana were to return, he wouldn’t be able to stay. He was, after all, exiled.

When Carleen sat on the couch near him and pointed in a specific direction, Isana turned in his seat to look. She mentioned storage, but he wasn’t necessary sure why. What was the point of mentioning it?

Ah. Because she had something like an armoury/junkroom back at home.
Some things never change.

“I’m afraid that’s secret,” Isana pried his eyes from the hallway to look back at Carleen. “But I do teach, and I do collect plants and insects from this area. Where I teach isn’t exactly a traditional school building. It’s just the perfect size to host a humble-sized class.

“Why do you ask?”

PM
^
CARLEEN GHORO
 Posted: Jul 13 2018, 12:51 AM

CARLEEN GHORO

Played by Bibi 21 POSTS
TIER I
The Lady
N/A
N/A

"Because you want to go somewhere else? The only other place near us is the Capital so that's where I assume you're planning to go?" Carleen couldn't help but shake her head, Isana was already exiled from the city, there was likely a very little chance he could get back in. Then again, she have held on tightly, and still held on to an extent to her plan to return to their home, this was similar.

So instead, she gave a sharp nod. "If that is the reason you have not found a place to stay then I wish you the best of luck." This was all she could really say at the moment, especially with her mostly negative feelings about the Capital, and the fact her brother was trying to get his way back to that Capital. So she would quite literally, grin and bear it, both physically and mentally.

Carleen raised an eyebrow, seems she was right about the job type, though teacher was certainly a surprise. Not particularly because her brother wasn't intelligent, but she couldn't see him in front of a class, even a humble class like he claimed. "That's quite different than what I could have possibly have thought. Honestly though, I can't think of anything else you could have been doing, I guess I never thought about you doing any jobs beforehand." She just remembered their old life, and a younger version of her brother was not exactly the type to teach.

"I'm not sure why I asked, frankly. Several points, I suppose. To see if the building you do stay in is proper enough, if the job works well with you and your life, things like that."
PMEmail
^
ISANA
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 08:10 PM

ISANA

Played by IOTA 263 POSTS
TIER III
Conquest
Aqua, Astrologia

Isana lolled his head back against the couch. Eyes stared up at the ceiling. His mouth thinned bitterly when Carleen connected the dots. He half expected being required to explain himself… when, instead, Carleen wished him luck.

Ha… Luck. Yeah, there was no luck. It was death or exile. There was no getting back to the capital – back to his fated. It felt… almost as hopeless as getting back home, which he wouldn’t want to do anyhow unless Calum followed in tow. Mouth pursed a smidgen.

“Are you saying I’m lazy?” The young fellow gave half a laugh, and a grin to boot as he rolled his head to look at his sister. “Honestly…” Rolling his head back to settle as before, Isana continued: “I am struggling. I could have the best job, the best home, but without my fated I feel… I don’t know what I feel.

“It’s like I have two twins: one is you, the other is my fated. When I’m separated from either of you, there’s this… big void within me and it expands by the day like a voracious black hole. I’m… torn between you both.”
But in truth…? It was almost like… his fated substitutes the role of mother, father, and twin all at once. Calum had masked the hurt that Astrum lanced into his chest. It wasn’t something… one could admit. Especially not to the real deal. Perhaps it was simply a case of jadedness.
PM
^
CARLEEN GHORO
 Posted: Yesterday at 10:14 pm

CARLEEN GHORO

Played by Bibi 21 POSTS
TIER I
The Lady
N/A
N/A

Carleen laughed too, the grin she had placed on becoming more genuine. "Not lazy, I just never connected the image of you and doing anything an adult would do." She was still reconciling the teenager she remembered with this Isana, and while not a hard process, was certainly a strange one. "But do not worry, I cannot see you as lazy, you are simply not the type."

Ah, and here is what being separated from your fated is like? Originally sitting with a slight slouch, Carleen straightened out and focused her eyes on Isana as he spoke. Unfortunately, she could feel her face contort into a confused expression even before his explanation was finished. She have never had anyone else pull her like that other than her twin, and certainly nothing here in the Outskirts, or Capital in her brother's case. But at least she knew where the fated partner was, the Capital, as she should have realized.

"That sounds rather... horrible to go through. But can't your fated come out here into the Outskirts? If you feel this way then I can only assume they do as well and want to see you. Then you would not have to be separated from them. Unless things are more complicated?"

She had a feeling that she was right about things being complicated, just not much more. All she knew about Kismets was that they nearly always stuck with their partner, but sometimes the relation was different from usual. If Isana's was not trying to visit, could that be the reason?
PMEmail
^
ISANA
 Posted: Yesterday at 11:17 pm

ISANA

Played by IOTA 263 POSTS
TIER III
Conquest
Aqua, Astrologia

Laughter: it shot out instantly and bounced against the walls. “You’re cute, you know that? I’m very lucky to have such a cute sister.” Hand quickly and gently combed through Carleen’s short hair. It was soft, even if a little tangled. “My fated loathes me. The only good I am to him is to help him reach his full potential. To him, I’m boring and don’t live up to our name. He didn’t… even wait for me…” words trailed off in a mumble as eyes averted.

“Honestly,” Isana perked right up again, “It’s quite likely that I only feel this way because he was there when you and mother and father were not, so I’ll get over it in due time.” A smile flashed at Carleen’s way. It was subtle but genuine. “Now enough of that mumbo jumbo, why don’t we talk about you?”
PM
^
CARLEEN GHORO
 Posted: Today at 10:14 am

CARLEEN GHORO

Played by Bibi 21 POSTS
TIER I
The Lady
N/A
N/A

Carleen tried ducking away from Isana's hand, pursing her lips together in annoyance. Eventually she just caught his hand, holding him away from her head. "Do not say that! That is how a child is described, not a mature guard." However she took on a more shocked expression at the description of his fated right after. The fated did not sound desirable to be around, did not even sound at the very least tolerable.

Instead of letting go of the hand she was trying to avoid, she held on with both hands, thinking only for a moment before speaking. She couldn't ask anymore questions, too insensitive. She wouldn't try to justify any sides, instead she just gave a, "I'm sorry." hoping that was enough.

She only let go once Isana perked back up, feeling relived herself. She have not been around anybody or their own problems and was not incredibly sure what to do, even with her own brother. But instead of lingering on this issue, Carleen gladly also left that part of the conversation, shrugging her shoulders and returning a smile back at Isana. "Like what? I do not have a fated partner, or even a normal partner. The most I can talk about is my job and how I keep my reputation up! Honestly, those can actually be exciting. I have had to chase quite a few people away from the limited resources, or even fight them if they refuse to leave. It's one way to train, especially with a staff, not many know what to do then." Her voice would take an excited tone, as if she enjoyed talking more about events that have happened more than she believed.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

AFFILIATES
Kismet Divided is a post-by-post RP founded by Iota. It is heavily inspired by the Loveless franchise created by Yun Kouga. The skin was made by Von of Sonder. Banner art was painted by Shilin of Carciphona. Banner title was inspired by Jawn; modification is made by Jawn. App avatar was made by LittleSnippets. All contents created on this site are intellectual property of their owners. Stealing is prohibited.
Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected
Penelope the Cbox
NO DRAMA. NO ADS. BE FRIENDLY.
NEWS: EVENT 4 & MORE & 3 POLLS