Guest Account Settings ALERTS () View New Posts Personal Messenger () Admin CP Moderators CP Log Out
KISMET DIVIDED

KD is an AU (non-canon) Loveless RP forum. Septimal Moon - the government - has been oppressing its people for decades, prioritising those with written fates in the form of "true names" over those without such fates. Those that are in the know are amassing in retaliation. Will you join the other side of the fray? Or will you side with the superior?

administrators

CALLING ALL COUNCILMEN The 7 councilmen of Septimal Moon are about to hold a conference meeting in the Rathaus and discuss current events and future plans for the Capital. Sign-ups end May 15th. Read more about it here.

iota
Cinna

Add Reply

Howdy Stranger, Locust/Iota
JILLIAN CLOVER
 Posted: May 7 2018, 10:58 PM
TIER III
Partner APP PLOTTER SOCIAL LINK
JILLIAN CLOVER has made 233 posts.

played by
NyxiePixie
status
alignment: Septimal Moon
elements: Neutrum, Ignis
weaknesses:
Relentless

For a brief

moment the Relentless fighter though that after years of marriage to his sacrifice that she was finally rubbing off on him. He felt tired as he marched along down the sidewalk. It was like if he sat down he might just fall asleep right on the spot. He had slept perfectly fine the night before and there was no change in his habits nor diet. But goodness, something was just a tad off. His left hand pinched the top of his nose, rubbing there for a good moment. Mindlessly, he dodge a walking person perfectly avoiding a collusion that should of happened with his eyes closed.

Blinking a few times he finally dropped his hands into the pockets of his ripped jeans. Right, he needed to keep focus and not thinking about napping. James had given him a task to complete which was merely going to pick up a few treats she was craving. It was simple enough and shouldn’t take him long. Rounding the corner that lead him down the street he needed to be his pace would slow greatly.

Jillian tilted his head to the side with a sudden spark of interest. There was a kismet near by. Really, that didn’t come much of a surprise to him considering the amount in the Capital. Though either out of habit or curiosity he followed the little blip down the opposite street he should have been on. Crossing the street easily he wondered into a colorful café ridden street. Dark eyes searched the crowds. It took only a few moments to spot the blip on his internal radar.

Normally, Jillian would have been satisfied with his find and leave to return on to his task. However, the signs of familiarity caught him as strong as a turtles bite. Eyes narrowed in on the dreads that look familiar and even more so to the face he could only see a profile of yet his brain still flared with familiarity. Well, the best way to see if his intuition was correct was to get closer and confirm it. Venturing forward at a easy but determined pace he cut through the crowd.

The closer he got to the figure the more he took note of each feature. Every single one stood out to him with slow confirmation that this was an old friend. One he hadn’t seen in sometime. A half smile crept its way up his old face. He would eat his right shoe if he was wrong. Standing a little further away was Locust. He was positive of it.

Notes: ------- Tags: @locust

BANAGHER
PM
^
LOCUST
 Posted: May 9 2018, 08:50 PM
LOCUST
Define your meaning of war. To me it
TIER I
LOCUST has made 90 posts.

played by
Iota
status
alignment: Neutral
elements: Physical
weaknesses: Neutral
Seamless

Hmm…How… was this map supposed to be held again?

At what they called a “convenience store” (the holy grail of all holy grails), a young woman at the desk pulled out a holo to show her unusual client a map of how to get to his actual destination: the Rathaus. When she discovered he didn’t have his own technology (lord have mercy on his dingy soul!), she doodled on a napkin in sharpie of the layout her holo projected, and then handed it to her client right side-up.

But now? Well, that same client was in the middle of the sidewalk, twisting and turning the napkin-map one way and the other to get an idea of where he was.

He had no fucking idea.

People, many people, walked passed him. Some bumped shoulders without the slightest apology. He paid no mind. “THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE.” Suddenly, the crowd stopped and parted, treating him like Moses at the red sea. “What are you fffuckin’ lookin’ at? Assholes.” And then they went back to their hurried ways. He turned around, still looking at the map while glimpsing up occasionally to see if he could match up the roads. When doing so, he some crazy thug smiling at him like some creep. “O’hey, Jill.” For a moment, Locust just walked right passed the creep. Then all of sudden, alarms went off and he spun around. “Jill?! That you?”
PMEmail
^
JILLIAN CLOVER
 Posted: May 9 2018, 09:33 PM
TIER III

played by
NyxiePixie
status
weaknesses:
Relentless

With arms crossed

Jillian took to watching Locust like one would a sitcom. It was just priceless watching him suffer with a poorly drawn map scribbled on---wait was that a napkin? Who on earth would draw something so crucial on a napkin? That seemed like a hideous idea. Perplexed by this alone left Jillian confused with his stance shifting to one side in a comical thought provoking pose. Figuring the question was not going to answer itself he would simply have to ask Locust about it. Well, as soon as the other took note of him at least.

Casually, his gaze and head followed the other as he passed by, smiling still. He offered the rather confused fellow a small two finger wave in passing. As if this wasn’t a big deal at all and he had always been on this corner. The mischievous side of the fighter started to raise it’s head. The urge to slap the man’s ass as hard as possible came so suddenly that his hand had moved to complete the idea but it was all ruined. Locust realized who he had just passed and saved his ass from receiving a most thunderous smacking.

To save face his hands moved quickly to cover his actions. ”How many other men do you know that go by Jillian?” Questioned the large man with a tease. ”Long time no see, Lo.” Without warning the big man pulled his friend into a bear hug and squeezed. Then, promptly dropped him once he was satisfied with the contact to ask the biggest question of all, ”Who gave you the shitty map?”

BANAGHER
PM
^
LOCUST
 Posted: May 10 2018, 04:55 PM
LOCUST
TIER I

played by
Iota
status
Seamless

“Ain’t that the truth? Who names their son ‘Jill?’” Smile split a dark face in two, crookedly and mischievously upon eyeing this… guy from head-to-toe. This was Jill all grown-up? That same short, stumpy, skinny kid…? Who knew little Jill would grow up to be sucha babe? “Ah–what?” Shaking his head, Locust focused and regathered his thoughts. “OH! Right. Right. The map. Ahm. Some girl at some holy grail place with lots of food and other miscellaneous items. I mean – Jill, you should have SEEN this place. It was big”–arms spread out wide, nearly hitting a few people in the meantime–“and they had shelves stocked to the brim with just… STUFF.

“Wait a second…”
After a brief pause, the dread-locked fellow crossed his arms in contemplation. Again, he looked Jillian up and down, down then up. Something wasn’t… right, here. “What the Hell are you doing here? I thought you were like… DEAD in some ditch or something. I haven’t seen you in, like, I don’t even know… A long time. Are you one of those freaky stepford people into that… cultist kismet shit?” Please say it wasn’t so. Jill couldn’t have been converted to the cultist’s way of life… could he? Looking down at tattered jeans that matched his own, Locust was wholly ready to believe that Jill was not in fact a member of the freaky stepford cult.
PMEmail
^
JILLIAN CLOVER
 Posted: May 12 2018, 09:53 PM
TIER III

played by
NyxiePixie
status
weaknesses:
Relentless

The old man merely watched

his friend with great amusement. Locust was like a small child let loose in a candy store with only one whole dollar. A whole dollar that was worth a million to a child. Slowly, the large man nodded his head a few times. Well, knowing he got his map from some random girl was enough to make him chuckle. Even more so as he watched Lo be so active in his motions as well as expressions. He had forgotten how exciting the Capital could be, especially if it was your first time to be here. He recalled being so goddamn overwhelmed as a young teen that he thought his head was going to explode. The same could be said for the first time he went to a tutor who educated him to the fullest.

"Heh, you haven't seen nothing yet. This place has everything. Including flowers.” His hands moved through each word as easily. There was no longer any pause in his thoughts or a backwards signs like it had been when he was a tiny tot. ”Just wait until you see….” His hands slowed and dropped slightly to look at his old friend strangely. It hadn’t occurred to him how odd it would have been for Locust to see someone like him just roaming the streets here. Contemplating how to answer the matter of why he was here he had to think back in time. Ah, right. He was taken away from the Outskirts without a word to Locust. He never had a chance to find him or send him word that he wasn’t a rotting corpse.

Locust reaction was legit. ”Yeah, um, sorry about that.” He paused to rub the back of his neck before continuing. ”I was taken away from the Outskirts a few days after the last time we where together….I’ve kinda just been, well, here.” He held both hands out to gesture to their surroundings and shrug lightly at it. He had to admit he was a tad embarrassed that he had no reason to explain his reasons for not returning to the Outskirts. Well, he did, but he doubted his friend would love them that much. Jillian hated his home back there. Hated his life, always being hungry, always being sick or having a seizure during the worst times. He probably wouldn’t of survived much longer in that hellhole. He was happy he was taken away. He was able to build a life here in the Capital. He did, however, miss Locust and feel bad about making him worry.

Jillian, once again, took his time like he did with all things in life. He decided it was best to skip that answer and merely brushed it to the side. There was no real need to answer that kind of question right now. He did support Septimal Moon. They did save his life and gave him much more than that, he had his fated partner who was now his wife.

Humming a bit to himself before snickering the bear of a man threw an arm over Locust shoulders and started down the road, putting the man into a head lock. Unable to use his hands to speak he choose to be vocal. ”Come on. Missed you.” His sentences where short with the volume of his words a bit off but it made the point clear. He rather spend time with locust than talk about their view points on kismets. ”Much to do.”

BANAGHER
PM
^
LOCUST
 Posted: May 12 2018, 10:41 PM
LOCUST
TIER I

played by
Iota
status
Seamless

Man, this was… mind-blowing. It was almost like seeing a ghost rematerialise after… years of no word. It was almost as overwhelming as this great big city and all its fascinating technology, almost as like they had the ability to resurrect the dead even though Jill’s story told otherwise.

Tension began to spread just above Locust’s arched brows yet smirk never slipped. Yeah, it was overwhelming, but it was really exciting. Nerves buzzed under skin, spreading a familiar warmth under eye and cheek. Couldn’t help it, ended up letting out a few light-hearted chuckles. “Sounds a bit like what happened to me! One moment I’m dead on the ground, next I got shit in me in some weird-ass room with strange people tellin’ me I’m in the capital and some other nonsense.” Why… was the capital taking people from outside?

The wonder finally caused expression to fall, though that was immediately driven away when a heavy, muscular arm draped over his shoulder and pulled him in. Locust was beaming ear-to-ear, teeth bearing for anyone to see. After wrapping an arm around the other man’s waist (if only to support himself), he lightly tapped his head against the other. “Oh yeah? What part of me exactly did you miss? My brain or my hands?” A wink later, Locust looked up to get a good look at his “amigo.” Yeah, he was older, but something about him was different. Couldn’t quite place what. Maybe it was just…from no longer being in the outskirts? “Say, somethin’ about you looks different. It’s not a haircut, is it?”Hm… N’ah. No idea.

Looking forward to see their path (forgetting for the moment he had another destination to go to), another thing donned on him. That little fucker didn’t acknowledge the question about kismets!

Oh shit… If he didn’t, if Jill didn’t then…

Does that mean everything up till now was staged by Valerian Lorne?

Oh god! “So, uh…You… don’t know what I’m talking about when I say kismets, do ya?” Crap, can jill even hear him like this? Or understand him? Couldn’t use body or hands like this. Eugh, this was gonna fall on deaf ears!

Ears.

Looking back at Jill––yeah, yeah! Jill now…

Jill now had ears?

Was this really Jill or was this a clone to further fabricate the lies spun by the capital?
No, no. That’s crazy talk. Not even the capital had that much alien tech.

Right?
PMEmail
^
JILLIAN CLOVER
 Posted: May 12 2018, 11:12 PM
TIER III

played by
NyxiePixie
status
weaknesses:
Relentless

That was a pretty common

theme with the kismet brought into this place. One minute they where in the Outskirts and the next they where in a whole new world. Everything here was different. Here in the Capital there was enough medicine to cure everyone. There was no shortage of food and plenty of education to go around. Hell, they even had clean running water that could both be cold or hot at the simple touch of a button. This place was heaven to Jillian but to others it wasn’t.

”Yeah, that happened to me as well.” He signed with their own language they made up as children to communicate better. Jillian had not been much of a talker back than and he still wasn’t, at least not verbally if possible. Whatever thought process was going to follow next was lost. Jillian tilted his head back to look at his best friend for a long moment. A large wolfish grin slowly crept its way so high up on the old man’s face that it would of made his sacrifice proud. It was just like one of her’s that she wore when excited. ”Nnn, how about both?” He offered with a snicker. Keeping his hold on the other he gave the other a good and friendly slap of the pectoral. ”You had quite a way with your hands.” Jillian sighed awkwardly as he only used one hand to put thoughts into words with at the moment.

Giving a brow wiggle, the fighter tilted his head to the side with his free speaking hand under his chin to try and achieve model status. It wasn’t working as Locust clearly couldn’t see the difference in his appearance. Ya, he did get a hair cut but come on. His ears where totally there and they hadn’t been before. He gave the other a long moment to stare until he finally gave up and rolled his eyes comically. To make a point Jillian would tug on his one scarred over ear. Alas, only a few months into having brand new ears one of them had been permanently damaged by another fighter all because he took a fancy to their sacrifice.

Lowering his hand from his ear it seemed he failed to change the subject away from kismets. ”I know about them.” His hands would state simply but didn’t further the subject. He wasn’t sure how his friend would feel that he react to the whole matter, especially when he told him he had found his fated partner. Jillian wanted to be considered of Locust and help him feel more at ease before going into his personal life. Lo was just thrust into this new environment and apparently, to the whole kismet ideals as well. ”Why you asking?” Jill pressed with honest curiosity to help him gauge the subject matter. ”Did you find someone?” He asked with a gentle smile.

BANAGHER
PM
^
LOCUST
 Posted: May 12 2018, 11:45 PM
LOCUST
TIER I

played by
Iota
status
Seamless

“Shit, I forget what that mea–OH.”

That dirty devil.

He was totally flirting.

Holy fuck, this was like…. Way different when you’re an old fuddy-dud with a foot in the grave. As kids, it was just exciting to be naughty and adventurous and do shit you weren’t supposed to, but this had kind of a… different weight to it.

What was it called again? Not eels and the cave… Ffff… Eh! Didn’t matter.

Do not get ahead of yourself, Locust. This is no mating game. No mating game, no mating, no mating game even if this was your childhood buddy and he’s, well, not dead.

No matting game. Period.

“So you know how I had those horns” his hand leaving his companion’s waist, Locust gestured the spiraled shape of the horns he once adorned, “well I lost th––” and then he motioned the horn he outlined to snap in the middle but he stopped short when his broski flashed a scar ear.

The ear tugging was it. Jill definitely didn’t have those before, but… how? “Yenno, I was kinda wondering about that. Thought maybe you were some clone or somethin’ that didn’t replicate you all that well, and… yeah” Uh, God, Locust. “Well, they great.” Sometimes you really just need to shut up. He pat the other fellow’s back, then let out a huff of self-frustration.

Locust proceeded to watch Jill’s hands intently. He… really was foggy with their made-up language, but then it was also starting to slowly come back to him. It seemed like Jill did know about it, which was kind of a relief.Locust’s shoulders nearly sagged from that very relief. “Well, cuz this guy told me I’m his fated kismet and it’s why I was brought here, but it sounded like a lot of bullshit, yenno?” Locust continued to do his best signing in what he remembered. “Even asked around the street with him following me but I couldn’t be sure if it was staged or not. But I know you , and if you know about it then… I guess I gotta believe it. No more denying

“So, what’s your ‘true name?’”
PMEmail
^
JILLIAN CLOVER
 Posted: May 13 2018, 12:31 AM
TIER III

played by
NyxiePixie
status
weaknesses:
Relentless

"Ah huh" He vocalized

at the mention of the horns. Now that it was brought up, he knew something was a tad different with Locust but he couldn’t put a finger on it. But now that the horns was mentioned he could see they where clearly, well, gone. His younger self would have been jealous to have not been the one to snatch those horns up like Locust had done his ears. But alas, someone else had ventured into that land with his bud.

”Shame, they made great handle bars.” The motions came easier and easier to him like riding a bicycle. For a moment, he did forget a sign or two but eventually it was coming back to him full force. Still, a grin played across his features as he finally released the other kismet. The grin remained until Locust confessed he feared Jillian was some kind of imperfect clone. The mere thought of it caused him to huff aloud in response. ”Got‘em fixed.” The smile returned in full force. He was rather proud of his ears and though the clone thought was comical they both knew he would make a horrible clone choice! He was much too stubborn half the time and if there was clones of him, nothing would get done.

Blinking slowly, the fighter would nod off and on during their conversation. ”He sound determined.” Someone Jillian could come to like. ”But, fated kismets are a thing. Hate to break it to you man.” He gave his old friend a clap on the back. There was no denying the fact and he wouldn’t want too anyways. He liked the idea of having someone that was born just for you. Someone who would only want you and you alone. It was a more romanticized ideal but that’s Jill, ever the romantic.

”What’s yours?” Jillian repeated with a snicker. He doubted Locust would be as badass as his own true name. Speaking of which, he held up his left wrist and pointed at his it, rotating it back and forth. Written across the flesh was the large bold word, “Relentless”. ”It’s fitting.” he mused.

BANAGHER
PM
^
LOCUST
 Posted: May 13 2018, 12:43 AM
LOCUST
TIER I

played by
Iota
status
Seamless

Ogh-ow, Jill’s pats certainly packed more of a punch now. Felt really strong, sturdy, like he could carry out a good fight. Maybe that’s what they should do, for old time’s sake. The mere thought brought a grin to Locust’s angular face. “Ffffuck you, they were not handle bars! Honestly, if I knew I was gonna lose ‘em anyway, I’d have lost ‘em to y–”

After Jillian stated that Kismets were, in fact, an irrefutable truth, a wrist was lifted with a similar whatever to Locust’s side. He could recognize some of the letters now. He recognised E and S… ?E?E???ESS… R… Reh… Ugh, he still couldn’t read it, damn it! “Ugh–” was just about to ask what it said when the question he remembered the question had been turned back at him. Locust turned around with his left side now facing Jill (he walked backwards in the meantime) and lifted up his shirt. “Ah, I don’t remember. I can’t read too good yet. What’s it’ say?” His would read as:
S
E
A
M
L
E
S
S
All down the side.

(Of course, someone gasped at his "indecent exposure" in the meantime, but they don't matter.)
PMEmail
^
JILLIAN CLOVER
 Posted: May 14 2018, 07:44 PM
TIER III

played by
NyxiePixie
status
weaknesses:
Relentless

Jillian staredblankly

at his old friend for a good while before it finally clicked. Right, the Outskirts was uneducated. Not to say his friend was such or dumb for that matter as he was quite intelligent. Jill had just become used for the past ten plus years with the knowledge that everyone could read and write within the Capital. Feeling slightly embarrassed though not showing it he smiled lightly at his friend in endearment. Carefully, he signed the letters to him in their own way for him to understand his unit name: Relentless. A name that he felt fit him like a costumed made suit.

The smirk remained and would soon be accompanied by a full hearty chuckle. ”They were handlebars. I should know.” He mused. Jill was quite the dirty man at times and he was much worse in his younger days. Having a child now, he toned it down a lot and even edited himself so much that it was refreshing to be in the presence of someone other then his wife. She too was used to his naughty ways but it was just nice to be around another adult who could roll with his humor and thoughts.

While everyone seemed to be in different waves of shock from the young man lifting his shirt, Jillian was not phased by it. In fact, he bent down just enough to get a closer look a the bold letters that littered the flesh. A careless index finger poked at the S while the other rested on his own hip. Seamless. How quaint. Eyeing Locust he signed the letters to him than adding his own spin to it. ”Seamless, eh? Well, you certainly don’t have gaps in your teeth.” Oh that smirk just grew into the most ear splitting grin.

BANAGHER
PM
^
LOCUST
 Posted: May 15 2018, 12:35 AM
LOCUST
TIER I

played by
Iota
status
Seamless

R…Relentless? Was that what it was? No way. It couldn’t be something as cool as “Relentless.” That’s just––

Bogus. As bogus as that “old man’s” dirty jokes. “Heh.” Locust offered a smirk and half a laugh. This time, the façade really did slip into a frown and hand nearly twitched as it ached to reach up. He refrained, and went about elbowing his comrade. “Fffuck you, you dirty old man!” He laughed; he laughed a boisterous, belly-deep laugh. It settled when he read the other’s hand signals. Brows furrowing for a tad.

Ah. He knew. “Seamless.” That’s right, that sounded familiar. But… “Ugh… I don’t even fucking knowing what ‘Seamless’ is supposed to mean, it’s so goddamn abstract – unlike Relentless, which is too cool for you, my friend.” Another playful jab.

“Say, uh, where… where exactly are we going? You're not taking me to some shady loveshack to properly do the 'deed' right?” Brows wiggled, eye winked, mouth smirked.
PMEmail
^
JILLIAN CLOVER
 Posted: May 15 2018, 11:34 PM
TIER III

played by
NyxiePixie
status
weaknesses:
Relentless

Remember thatfinger

that was poking around at his friends true name? Well, it just so happened to jab the man firmly yet playfully in the ribs. ”Please, you’re the dirty old man.” He retorted with a snicker. Pulling away from the bold letters he would shift to the right with a good laugh that would match his friends. Once settled, he seemed to think on the word for a moment. He could easily sum up the meaning to his friends name but it would be more fun just to fuck with him a tad. ”It mean’s ‘you’re easy’.” Lies. It was a horrible lie but it was one that brought that shit-eating grin to remain intact.

Jill elbowed Lo lightly again in the ribs. It seemed the ribs was still a favorite spot for the fighter to poke at. ”You’re just jealous I got the better name…” His hands stopped forming the rest of his thought. Dark brows came together in concentration. Slowly, he would look to his right, the left, and than behind him before turning around on his heels. Ya know, he honestly couldn’t remember what they where doing now that he thought about it. He didn’t even know where to go now as he took a few wrong turns. Whoopsie.

”It seems my old gutter mind forgot.” He offered him a large shrug of the shoulders with palms up turned. A puff of air left the large man in a huff causing his bangs to flutter for a moment. ”Ah, now who is the dity one? We just met up and you are all ready begging for it.” Dramatically, he touched the side of his face, elbow resting in his other hand. ”I just don’t know what to do with you.” He signed dramatically.

BANAGHER
PM
^
LOCUST
 Posted: May 17 2018, 12:40 AM
LOCUST
TIER I

played by
Iota
status
Seamless

Begging for it. Yeah, ha, maybe Locust was begging. Why? It’s not like they knew each other anymore. They clicked straight away like “old times,” but really… A lot has happened since then and they both had been leading entirely different lives. Maybe it was guilt. Or maybe it was just––

Locust chuckled, “I can’t believe you got us fucking lost, and NO, it does not mean ‘easy’ you rusty old hag.” He rubbed at his side, shirt now down in its proper place. Within a breath, Locust folded his arms and stood in contrapposto. He was no longer walking anywhere with this perverted geezer. “So, are we goin’ somewhere or n’ah?”
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Sister Sites
Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected
control skin by von of sonder
Penelope the Cbox
NO DRAMA. NO ADS. BE FRIENDLY.
NEWS: BETEL REVISIONS COMPLETE! & NEED BETELS